This national workplace policy on HIV/AIDS is to be adopted, as the minimum standards that must be implemented, by all employers, trade unions and employee representatives and government,. The policy concerns prevention measures for occupational safety and health, protection and support for employees already living with and affected by HIV/AIDS, and use of the workplace as a forum to disseminate information and awareness on HIV/AIDS.
The objectives of this policy are:
National Tripartite Committee HIV & AIDS Workplace Policy
- To protect PLWHA from discrimination and unfair judgment at their workplace.
- To manage and prevent HIV and AIDS in the world of work.
- To promote information, education, communication, and general awareness on HIV and AIDS.
- To ensure universal infection control procedures. v. To detail employer/employee responsibilities.
- To promote cooperation among Government, employers, trade unions, and workers.
- To ensure compliance with statutory and constitutional provisions.
- Employers, trade unions and government shall use this Policy as the basis for their workplace policies on HIV/AIDS
- This Policy shall not carry any legal obligation beyond those encapsulated in the Statutes, Constitutional provisions and common law.
- Non-compliance with this Policy shall not make any employer liable barring violations of other laws, but the Policy may be used as evidence of good practice and available information.
- The Policy shall be interpreted in association with other stipulations and best practices produced by the MOLHSSS and other National Authorities.